Dennis C.H. Kim
|Hawaii State Senate, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Kamehameha Schools (1964)|
|Master's||University of Hawaii|
|Other||U.S. Army War College|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
|Service branch||Hawaii Army National Guard|
Kim earned his B.S. from Northwestern University, his M.B.A. from the University of Hawaii and graduated from the U.S. Army War College. His professional experience includes working as an insurance adviser and financial consultant. He served in the U.S. Army Reserve and Hawaii Army National Guard for 30 years, reaching the rank of colonel.
In a submission to Ballotpedia, Kim highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Moral values taught best in the home."
Common Sense in Government
- Excerpt: "Reduce stifling regulations"
- Excerpt: "Support our military"
- Excerpt: "Support small business"
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Hawaii State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Michelle Kidani was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Dennis C.H. Kim was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kidani will face Kim and Raymond Banda III (L) in the general election.
Kim is widowed and has six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dennis + Kim + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii State Senate
- Hawaii State Senate District 18
- Hawaii State Senate elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia on June 20, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014