|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 71|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||St. Andrew’s School|
|Associate's||Roger Williams University|
|Birthday||August 18, 1960|
|Profession||Retired police officer|
He served on the Portsmouth Town Council from 2004 to 2010. He held the position of Council President for two years.
Canario earned his associate’s degree in Criminal Justice from Roger Williams University in 1988. His professional experience includes working as a police officer for the Portsmouth police department before retirement.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Canario served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Education and Welfare|
|• Small Business|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Dennis Canario is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Norbert Rattay is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Canario won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 71. Canario was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 71, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Dennis Canario is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dennis Canario raised a total of $-500 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 12, 2013.
|Dennis Canario's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 71||$-500|
|Grand Total Raised||$-500|
2012Dennis Canario won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dennis Canario raised a total of $-500.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Canario's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$-500|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Canario and his wife, Amy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Canario + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Dennis Canario," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Canario, Dennis," accessed August 12, 2013
Daniel Gordon Jr. (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 71
| Succeeded by|