|Dennis L. Jones|
|Florida State Senate District 13|
|November 16, 2012|
|Florida House Speaker Pro Tempore|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Birthday||April 5, 1941|
Jones was a member of the Executive Committee of the Pinellas County Republican Party. He was also a Legislative Member of the Executive Committee of the Florida Republican. He served in the Florida State House of Representatives from 1978 to 2000. From 1984 to 1986 he was House Minority Floor Whip. He also served as House Speaker Pro Tempore from 1998 to 2000. He joined the Florida State Senate in 2002. He has been Senate Majority Leader since then, representing the 13th District.
Jones is a Chiropractic Physician for Community Care Medical Center Limited Liability Corporation.
Jones attended Saint Petersburg Junior College. He went on to earn his DC from Lincoln Chiropractic College in 1963.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones was appointed to these committees:
- Regulated Industries Chair
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation
- Health Regulation
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation Committee, Florida State Senate
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee, Florida State Senate
- Health Regulation Committee, Florida State Senate
- Regulated Industries Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
Jones raised $0 in campaign contributions in 2010, a year in which he was not up for election.
In 2008, Jones collected $242,687 in campaign contributions. The six largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$3,000|
|Direct General Insurance Company||$2,500|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Florida Retail Federation||$1,500|
|Anesthesiology Leadership Council||$1,500|
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dennis + Jones + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Jones and his wife, Susan Davis, have three children.
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator Dennis Jones
- Project Vote Smart Dennis Jones candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart Dennis Jones biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Florida Election Results
|Florida Senate, District 13
| Succeeded by|
Andy Gardiner (R)