|U.S. House, Oregon, District 2|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Linthicum has worked in a variety of positions during his career, including software developer, information systems executive and independent computer consultant. He also owns a small cattle ranch.
In 2008, Linthicum was elected Klamath County Commissioner. He currently holds this position.
Linthicum listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "Parents and communities are the best advocates for children and education. Centrally planned and mandated curriculums cannot account for the learning styles, unique capabilities and diverse backgrounds of children across America."
- Excerpt: "Competition in the marketplace creates the wide variety of energy that we enjoy. Unfortunately, modern energy subsidies distort this market and rob businesses and families of affordable energy."
- Excerpt: "The environmentalist movement has recently been motivated by a faulty paradigm – that humans is the earth’s enemy...the EPA has become a political bully."
- Excerpt: "The future success of Oregon farmers is endangered, however, because government policies stifle agricultural production with needless, uninformed, and overly burdensome regulations."
- Excerpt: "I will vote to repeal the President’s plan for healthcare (ObamaCare)."
- Excerpt: "One such reform would be securing the border, and a proper guest worker program that creates benefits for local communities while reducing the incentives for immigrants to cross the border illegally."
- Excerpt: "I will continually voice opposition to government funding for abortion procedures and fight to protect life at every stage."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Congress must halt the unconstitutional practice of restricting a person’s ability to purchase, transport, store, or possess arms on public lands or on that individual’s private property under the disguise of regulating interstate commerce or so-called concern for public health and safety."
- Social Security and Medicare
- Excerpt: "We must keep our promises to seniors but we also must recognize that Social Security and Medicare are not sustainable as currently laid out."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "I will oppose legislative acts that unconstitutionally enlarge government authority and threaten our individual freedom."
Linthicum ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Oregon's 2ndDistrict. Linthicum lost the Republican nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. He was defeated by Greg Walden in the primary.
|U.S. House, Oregon District 2 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Greg Walden Incumbent||75.9%||62,957|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|Dennis Linthicum (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||December 31, 2013||$0||$5,422||$(3,096)||$8,826|
|April Quarterly||May 7, 2014||$8,826.29||$13,803.00||$(14,227.23)||$8,402.06|
Linthicum and his wife, Diane, live in Klamath County, Oregon. They have four children together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dennis + Linthicum + Oregon + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Oregon's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Oregon's 2nd Congressional District
- Capital Press, "Walden may be challenged in GOP primary," accessed September 25, 2013
- Associated Press, "Oregon - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Dennis 2014, "About Dennis Linthicum," accessed January 27, 2014
- Dennis 2014, "Issues," accessed January 27, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Linthicum 2014 Summary reports," May 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End Quarterly," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed May 19, 2014