|North Carolina House of Representatives District 64|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||California Maritime Academy|
|Service/branch||US Naval Reserve|
|Years of service||1978-1988|
|Birthday||October 21, 1956|
Riddell earned his bachelor's degree from the California Maritime Academy. His professional experience includes owning FreedomIR Thermal Imaging and Heritage Stables Equestrian Facility. He served in the U.S. Naval Reserve from 1978 to 1988.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Riddell served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Public Utilities|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Dennis Riddell is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Riddell ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 64. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Riddell defeated Morris McAdoo in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 64, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Riddell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Riddell raised a total of $137,425 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Dennis Riddell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 64||$137,425|
|Grand Total Raised||$137,425|
2012Riddell won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Riddell raised a total of $137,425.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Riddell's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$75,966|
|Gant Jr, Allen E||$6,000|
|Branch Banking & Trust Corp||$4,000|
|Friends of Ruth Samuelson||$4,000|
|Cmte to Elect Thom Tillis||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$137,425|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Riddell and his wife, Polly, have eight children. They currently reside in Snow Camp, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Riddell + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Riddell, Dennis Patrick" Accessed August 30, 2013
Dan Ingle (R)
|North Carolina House - District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |