Denver Probate Court, Colorado
The Denver Probate Court, which is sometimes referred to as the 24th Judicial District, encompasses all of the City and County of Denver.
The Denver Probate Court was created via Article VI § 9(3) of the Colorado Constitution, which also defines the Probate Court's jurisdiction. The Probate Court has exclusive jurisdiction over "all matters of probate, settlements of estates of deceased persons, appointment of guardians, conservators and administrators, and settlement of their accounts, the adjudication of the mentally ill, and such other jurisdiction as may be provided by law."
- Elizabeth Leith
- Ruben Hernandez is the court magistrate (Division 2), a position hired by the presiding judge.
- Colorado Judicial Branch, "Denver Probate Court"
- Denver Post, "Colorado probate courts fail to protect those at risk, audit finds," September 27, 2011
- See: Colorado Constitution, Article VI, Section 9
- Colorado Judicial Branch, "Personnel of the Denver Probate Court," accessed September 8, 2014