Department of Health, Rhode Island
The purpose of the EOHHS agency is to coordinate the five state departments that are responsible for the health and social service programs in Rhode Island (the Department of Children, Youth and Families; the Department of Elderly Affairs; the Department of Human Services; the Department of Health; and the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals). The Agency is responsible for protecting and promoting the health and safety of Rhode Island citizens.
Expenditures for fiscal year 2011 currently total $3,170,860.86. Expenditures for fiscal year 2010 totaled $5,196,470.40 and expenditures for fiscal year 2009 totaled $7,280,794.75.
Top Expenditure Categories for Quarter 3 of FY 2011:
|Office Supplies and Equipment||$4,205.11|
The Agency oversees the Department of Human Services, which administers the State's Medicaid program. In SFY 2008, the program spent $1,873 million. Enrollment in the program decreased by -1% between SFY 2005 and SFY 2008.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps qualifying families purchase food.
The Department of Health administers the Women's, Infants and Children program, which primarily provides education support for proper nutrition during all stages of growth and development.
The Open Government website is the State of Rhode Island's official transparency portal and tracks government spending.
- Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services official site
- State of Rhode Island official site
- Welcome to the Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Office of Health and Human Services Transparency Portal
- Department of Human Services
- Medical Assistance/Medicaid
- Rhode Island Annual Medicaid Expenditure Report – State Fiscal Year 2008
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Women's, Infants and Children
- Open Government Rhode Island
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |