Department of Transportation, Illinois
The purpose of the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) is to ensure safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation for Illinoisans in order to "enhance quality of life, promote economic prosperity, and demonstrate respect for the environment."
Agency Appropriations (Dollars in thousands)
|Fund Category||FY 2010 Actual||FY 2011 Enacted||FY 2012 Recommended||% Change FY11 -FY12|
|Other State Funds||$2,430,253.0||$2,469,788.5||$2,662,503.8||7.8%|
IDOT's “Fiscal Year 2008-2013 Proposed Highway Improvement Program” reflects the priority placed on system maintenance and preservation, a $10.875-billion program ($3.21-billion local program and a $7.67-billion state program). $3.81 billion (50%) of the state program is dedicated to system maintenance and $1.8 billion (23%) is dedicated to bridge maintenance. Combined maintenance accounts for 73% of the entire state program.
IDOT runs the Adopt-A-Highway program. Since the program's inception in 1995, 3,400 miles of highway have been adopted by 1,700 volunteer groups. The State still spends $12.5 million per year on litter pick up.
Current construction projects, as well as current project studies, are listed on the IDOT website. The Illinois State Transportation Plan details federal planning requirements, public outreach efforts, planning concerns, and trends such as population growth, person travel, increased need for public transportation, and freight travel.
Projects funded through ARRA are also listed. As of May 2011, 1,061 contracts have been awarded.
The Interstate 80 from Grundy County Line to U.S. Route 45 is one of IDOT's recent improvement projects. It started April 1, 2011 and its anticipated completion date is Fall 2011. Project cost totals $57.3 million.
Public meeting information for IDOT projects is posted.
Ways to report fraud are posted.
Freedom of Information Act details are provided.
Phone numbers but not email addresses are provided for the administrators.
- State Transportation Plan
- 2012/FY12_Agency_Fact_Sheets.pdf Agency Fact Sheets
- Fiscal Year 2012 Illinois State Budget Book
- State of Illinois - ARRA Overview
- I-80 Project
- Letting and Bidding
- Project Labor Agreements
- Public Meetings
- Report Fraud
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid