Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 17|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Rita Lucido was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joan Huffman defeated Derek Anthony in the Republican primary. Phil Kurtz is running as a Libertarian candidate, and David Courtney is running as a Green Party candidate. George Hardy filed but did not advance past the Libertarian convention.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Derek + Anthony + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Election Brackets," accessed May 5, 2014