|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Sales and Operations manager at Hertzburg Furs|
Kiszely professional experience includes working as Sales and Operations manager at Hertzburg Furs.
Kiszely's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Small businesses are a major job creator, so we need to lower our tax rates and streamline regulations. I believe that as we reduce the burden that government has placed on businesses, our state and society will be strengthened. I also support loans that will help small businesses make it through the tough times."
- Excerpt: "What doesn’t make sense is when our elected officials lose sight of the big picture in order to brag about some budget cuts. Look, it’s not rocket science: if we invest more in early childhood education, we get more high school graduates 12 years later. Our economic future depends upon a well educated workforce. If our children are expected to compete in the 21st century global economy, we must continue to strengthen our schools by upgrading classroom technology and providing adequate funding at all levels. North Carolina is known across the country for our outstanding community colleges and universities, but we are neglecting our children by failing to invest in a quality K-12 education system."
- Excerpt: "The career politicians in Raleigh must stop turning a blind eye because of lobbyists and corporate contributors, and start looking out for the Earth’s future. Fresh air and clean water are, quite possibly, the most important aspects of our legacy that we can leave to the next generation."
- Excerpt: "If I have the honor of being elected, I will fight to protect the fundamental constitutional voting rights of every American."
- Excerpt: "As a fierce advocate for equality, peace, and justice for all, I will fight to end discrimination in North Carolina–be it on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity or national origin, language, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Gary Pendleton was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Kim Hanchette defeated Derek Kiszely in the Democratic primary. Hanchette and Pendleton will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Derek + Kiszely + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 49
- Official campaign website
- Derek Kiszely on Facebook
- Derek Kiszely on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- raleighpublicrecord.org, "NC House District 49 – Derek Kiszely," accessed April 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |