Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 33|
Ferree's campaign website listed the following positions:
- I want to eliminate the corrupting forces in America’s political system. To do so, I will run without accepting a single donation from a corporate entity, a union, super-pac, or organized body. It is my personal belief that democracy should be for and by the people, and if you support any of the things I will fight for on behalf of California’s 33rd District, I hope you can make a donation in order to support the campaign.
- With that being said, I do support the right to unionize. I feel, more than ever, income inequality in America is the single-most destructive force to our modern economy. I do not believe in regulating workers compensation a by using legislative means, and I believe that a business owner has a right to decide how their business should be run. However, I do believe hard work deserves higher compensation.
- Veteran affairs have been a travesty as of late. I have hade two grandfathers, uncles, friends and peers suffer from a system that has basically left our brave soldiers scraping by and struggling to find answers and the help they need. These men and women deserve better, and we should be doing everything we can from a legislative standpoint to make receiving benefits and care easier.
- California’s 33rd District can be and should be the catalyst for new green technology. From Malibu to Palos Verdes, we are fortunate to be blessed with ample sunshine and an ocean climate that is perfect for tidal and wind energy production. I would love to bring federal funding to the coastline of the nations 2nd largest city in order for us to break away from the fossil fuel industry that pollutes our air, dirties our water, and threatens the fragile geological landscape we all love living in.
- One of the most important areas of concern that most Americans aren’t receiving decent representation on is the state of Wall St. and large investment banks. In 2008, the largest financial institutions in the world gambled and lost. They have since been bailed out at the expense of everyday Americans. Now in 2014, the stock market seems over-inflated again. As the FED continues to print money while keeping interest rates low, wages remain stagnant, and unemployment continues to cripple the middle class. It is important to regulate large banking institutions that are benefiting from the mess they created six years ago, and prevent them from making bad bets again.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Derrick + Ferree + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 33rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 33rd Congressional District