|Anthony John "Desmond" Thorsson|
|U.S. House, California, District 12|
Thorsson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Excerpt: "Our political system is not broken; it has been bought. If we are to properly address the other issues facing our nation, we must first get money out of politics."
- Excerpt: "Our nation’s teachers are the key to preparing our children for the world that awaits them. But our nation’s priorities and policies regarding education create a top-down system that makes that job more difficult."
- Excerpt: "Quality, accessible, and affordable health care must be available to all Americans, and your ability to afford medical attention when you need it is far too important to be used as a chip in a Washington poker game."
- Same-Sex Marriage
- Excerpt: "As the child of divorced parents, and an officiant of wedding ceremonies, I firmly believe that the sanctity of marriage is in the commitment of the partners, not their genders. All Americans have equal rights and protections under our Constitution, which includes the right to marry and the protections that the institution provides."
- Social Tolerance
- Excerpt: "It is not government’s job to meddle in the strictly private behavior of its citizens. I will work to heal America’s sharp division on social issues, rather than exploiting them for political advantage, so that we may focus on not-so-divisive issues that impact us all."
- Immigration Reform
- Excerpt: "I support comprehensive immigration reform that creates a fair, efficient, and appealing legal immigration system; eliminates the incentive for businesses to hire illegal workers; and secures our nation’s borders."
- Reproductive Rights
- Excerpt: "The choice to terminate a pregnancy is a sacred trust between a woman and her doctor. The government must not be in the business of legislating the miracle of life."
|U.S. House, California District 12 Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Nancy Pelosi Incumbent||73.6%||79,816|
|Peace and Freedom||Frank Lara||1.9%||2,107|
|Source: California Secretary of State|
|Desmond Thorsson (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 21, 2014||$0||$4,394||$(2,905)||$1,489|
Thorsson and his wife, Laura, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Desmond + Thorsson + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 12th Congressional District
- United States House of Representatives