|Iowa State Senate District 22|
Adams attended the Drake University Law School, earning a Doctor of Jurisprudence. He earned his Bachelor's of Science in Education from Drake University.
Adams' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "I believe that our government system should be open and transparent. As a citizen you should expect government to be trustworthy, accountable and disciplined."
- "I believe your quest for economic security based on having a job that pays a fair wage for fair work should be available for everybody."
- "I believe that every American should have access to affordable health care, including a woman’s right to reproductive health."
- "I believe with all my fiber that our nation, states and cities must insure equal rights in every area involving race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation and we maintain those rights by continuing our long tradition of separation between Church and State."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Adams ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 22. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and was to face District 30 incumbent Pat Ward (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. However, Ward died of cancer on October 15 and a special election was called for December 11.
Ward and Adams remained on the November 6 ballot and counts were tabulated but not canvassed. Republican Party officials held a special nominating convention to name a replacement candidate for Ward, choosing Charles Schneider. Schneider defeated Adams in the December 11 special election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 22, Special Election, 2012|
Adams and his wife Shondalette have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Desmund + Adams + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Desmund Adams on Facebook
- Desmund Adams on Twitter
- "desmundadams," Official Campaign Website
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2012
- Globe Gazette, "Sen. Ward dies; special election set for Dec. 11," October 15, 2012
- My San Antonio, " Republican wins Iowa Senate special election," December 12, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, " Special Election Results December 11, 2012," accessed January 24, 2013