|Maryland House of Delegates, District 47A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, Colmar Manor|
|2000 - 2010|
|Colmar Manor Council|
|1995 - 2000|
|Profession||Community Advisory Coordinator, Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department|
Fennell served as the mayor of Colmar Manor from 2000 to 2010 and as a town council member from 1995 to 2000.
Fennell's professional experience includes working as the Community Advisory Coordinator for the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department.
In a profile submitted to Ballotpedia, Fennell stated her platform:
|“||All citizens of District 47A and the state of Maryland deserve a transparent, unbiased, and progressive government that works to enhance the quality of life by providing the necessary services within their communities. Government officials must be responsive to the community’s needs – for example, developing strategic plans that spur economic development within transit-oriented communities. Continuing to advocate equality for all Maryland residents is imperative. Moreover, we must continue to protect our most vulnerable citizens: Our seniors are preyed upon daily; therefore, we need to collaborate with local governments and law enforcement agencies to prevent their economic exploitation. In addition, our youth deserve the same protection: Enhancing educational and occupational services for our youth, so that they may become viable members within Maryland’s critical workforce. We must also uplift and protect those in the Armed Services who have put their lives on the line to protect our democracy. Caring for the environment and our health with ecological conservation programs and sustainable energy mandates designed to reduce our carbon footprint – especially, if we are to protect and preserve a quality way of life for our children.||”|
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Diana M. Fennell and Jimmy Tarlau defeated incumbent Michael Summers, Malcolm Augustine and Joseph Solomon in the Democratic primary.
Fennell ran against Anthony Cicoria, Jolene Ivey (incumbent), Wanda Martin, Doyle Niemann (incumbent), Fred Price, Jr., Michael Summers and Lamar Thorpe in the September 14 primary. In the general election, the winners faced Republican Audi Rachel.
In 2014, Fennell's endorsements include:
- Equality Maryland
- Prince George's County Professional Firefighters Local 1619
- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 89
- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 30
- Prince George's Deputy Sheriffs Association
- Prince George's Police Civilian Employee Association
- Prince George's Correction Officers Association
Fennell and her husband, Jeffrey, have two adult children. Fennell is a member of the Veterands of Foreign Wars Ladies' Auxiliary, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and Prince George's County Professional Fire Fighters & Paramedics – International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 1619. Fennell is also an honorary member of the Colmar Manor Recreational Council, organizer of the Colmar Manor Neighborhood Watch and a volunteer for the Anacostia Watershed Society. Fennell is a former chair of the Maryland Black Mayors Foreclosure Association, vice president and secretary of the Maryland Black Mayors Association and vice president of Prince George's County Elected Women.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Diana + Fennell + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House of Delegates District 47
- Maryland House of Delegates elections, 2014
- Maryland State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Diana Fennell on Facebook
- Diana Fennell on Twitter
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia on June 11, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Friends of Diana Fennell, "Endorsements," accessed June 10, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |