For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Diane B. Evans
|Diane B. Evans|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 127|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||December 3, 2013|
Evans ran in a special election for Georgia House of Representatives District 127. The seat was vacant following Rep. Quincy Murphy' s (D) death after a battle with cancer. Evans faced Dianne Murphy (D) and Brian Prince (D) in the special election, which took place on November 5. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Evans and Prince - met in a runoff on December 3, which Prince won.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 127, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Diane B. Evans||43.5%||1,111|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Diane + Evans + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed September 19, 2013
- ajc.com, "Veteran Georgia legislator dies after lengthy illness," August 2, 2013
- cbsatlanta.com, "November special legislative elections set in Ga.," September 6, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Unofficial election results," accessed November 5, 2013
- gpb.org, " Thompson, Prince, Efstration Win General Assembly Seats," December 4, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff results," accessed January 8, 2014
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |