|Kansas Commissioner of Education|
|September 15, 2010 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||September 15, 2010|
|Appointed by||Kansas State Board of Education|
|Bachelor's||Emporia State University (1982)|
|Master's||Washburn University of Topeka (1987)|
|Ph.D.||Kansas State University (2002)|
DeBacker has had a long and varied career in education. Among her many positions she has served as Principal of Washburn Rural Alternative High School from 1998-2003, director of school improvement at accreditation at the state Department of Education from 2003-2006, been an instructor at Washburn University and Kansas State University from 2006-2008, Associate Superintendent of Shawnee Heights USD 450 from 2006–2008, and Deputy Commissioner of the Division of Learning and Innovative Services at the State Department of Education from 2008-2010.
- PhD, Educational Administration and Leadership, Kansas State University, 2002
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction, Washburn University of Topeka, 1987
- BS, Business Education, Emporia State University, 1982
Kansas Commissioner of Education (2010-Present)
DeBacker was serving as interim Kansas Commissioner of Education for nearly a year when she was officially appointed as Commissioner in September 2010.
DeBacker was appointed Kansas Commissioner of Education by the Kansas State Board of Education on September 15, 2010. State Board Chair Janet Waugh said, “The State Board has every confidence in Dr. DeBacker’s ability to serve the students and educators of Kansas and to assist our state in navigating the changes in education and education policy it will face in the years ahead.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Diane + DeBacker + Kansas + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas opts to create its own Common Core tests - Topeka Capital Journal
- Cost an issue as Kansas ed. board opts for KU to develop school tests, not ... - Daily Journal
- 'Innovative district' applications raising eyebrows for some education officials - Lawrence Journal World
- Kansas attorneys want 'hard to understand' creationist lawsuit thrown out - Raw Story
- Education Officials Seek To Dismiss Lawsuit Over Common Core Science ... - KMUW
- Head of the class - Leavenworth Times
- Shawnee Mission won't apply for controversial innovative school district status - Prairie Village Post
- Brownback announcing Kansas reading initiative - Education Week News
- Kansas committee holds school finance meetings - Winfield Daily Courier Online
- Leavenworth High School teacher named 2014 Teacher of the Year - Topeka Capital Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Kansas Commissioner of Education
September 15, 2010 - Present
| Succeeded by|