|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 60A|
|2005 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||July 12, 1953|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Profession||Health Policy Analyst|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Issues
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Loeffler's professional experience includes working as a Health and Human Services/Principal Health Policy Analyst for Hennepin County; Senior Financial Analyst for the City of Minneapolis; in Human Services, Health and Training and Employment for Hennepin County; and as a Tax Policy Analyst/Legislative Representative for the League of Minnesota Cities.
Loeffler's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Universal access to affordable health care whether unemployed, self-employed or involved in a small business."
- Excerpt: "Health care cost containment through changes that promote health, prevention and universal coverage, all of which have been demonstrated to reduce overall health costs. "
- Excerpt: "Assuring that health insurance requirements encourage the use of prevention visits and diagnostic tests such as cholesterol screenings, Mammograms, etc. Diane will work against the movement towards increased use of catastrophic plans that do not support regular ongoing preventative care."
- Excerpt: "Access to affordable prescription drugs for all in a manner that doesn’t put out of business the local drug stores on which we all depend for immediately needed prescriptions."
- Excerpt: "Helping seniors make the right choices in accessing the new federal Medicare Drug benefit."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Loeffler served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Taxes, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Loeffler served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services Reform|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Loeffler served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health Care and Human Services Policy and Oversight|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Diane Loeffler was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brent Millsop was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Loeffler won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Brent Millsop (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 60A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Diane Loeffler Incumbent||82.2%||17,021|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59A (2010)|
|Diane Loeffler (DFL)||10,528||79%|
|Mark Lazarchic (R)||2,757||20.69%|
Diane Loeffler raised $26,826 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59A (2008)|
|Diane Loeffler (DFL)||13,785||75.29%|
|Felix Montez (R)||2,520||13.76%|
|Lynne Torgerson (I)||1,238||6.76%|
|David Degrio (I)||723||3.95%|
Comprehensive donor information for Loeffler is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Loeffler raised a total of $132,354 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 14, 2013.
|Diane Loeffler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 60A||$19,934|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 59A||$26,192|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 59A||$26,826|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 59A||$27,686|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 59A||$31,716|
|Grand Total Raised||$132,354|
2012Loeffler won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Loeffler raised a total of $19,934.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Diane Loeffler's campaign in 2012|
|Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$500|
|Friends of Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party Women||$500|
|Committee of Thirteen Legislative Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,934|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Loeffler received $26,192 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Diane Loeffler's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Medical Association||$500|
|Minneapolis Federation Of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Minnesota Teachers Retirement Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$26,192|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Diane Loeffler's 2008 campaign.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Loeffler has been Executive Director of the Association for Retarded Citizens of Saint Paul, founding Board Member of the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, founder of Northeast Libraries Supporters, and a member of the Windom Park Citizens in Action.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Diane + Loeffler + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Diane Loeffler on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Loeffler
- "dianeloeffler," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "All Races by Legislative District," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Loeffler's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Loeffler, Diane," accessed December 14, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Marion Greene (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 59A
| Succeeded by|
Joe Mullery (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |