Oregon State House District 36
|Profession||Recreation Service Representative|
Schendel campaign website lists four main issues:
- Fiscal Discipline: "Our legislators authorized the additional spending of $3.7 billion during their Special Session in 2010. In Oregon, “all-funds” spending has increased 46% since the 2005-2007 budget! Oregon is on an unsustainable path and Diane knows that we need to exercise fiscal restraint to get our state back on track. She will make sure that core services like education and public safety are funded first so that taxpayers aren’t being threatened with cuts to vital services."
- Jobs: "Oregon is a wonderful place to raise a family, but not such a great place to run a business. Diane will work to reduce state taxes, fees, and regulations on business owners..."
- Education: "Diane will work to cut the bureaucracy, increase accountability and transparency in tracking where the tax payer’s money is being spent within the education system. Return the decision making power to the local school boards, administrators and teachers so that they are accountable to the parents and the community instead of bureaucrats in the state and federal government. Empower parents to decide what school best suits the needs of their child. Education dollars should follow the student."
- Public Safety: "Voters have sent a message loud and clear that they want criminals to serve their full sentences. Government’s first responsibility is to protect the citizens and Diane opposes letting criminals out early just to save money."
- Oregon Right to Life PAC
- National Rifle Association, Inc.
- Oregon Firearms Federation PAC
- Oregonians for Immigration Reform
Friends of Diane Schendel
5259 SW Idaho St.
Portland, OR 97221
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found