|Pennsylvania State House District 78|
|1987 - September 6, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Hess received his diploma from Saxton Liberty High School in 1958. His professional experience includes working as Chief Clerk of the Bedford County Commissioners from 1965 to 1972 and as Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts from 1971 to 1986.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hess served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hess served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hess served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Commerce, Chair|
Hess ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 78. Hess ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 78, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dick Hess Incumbent||100%||24,864|
Hess won re-election to District 78 in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 78|
|Dick Hess (R)||18,858||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 78|
|Dick L. Hess (D/R)||25,511||100.0%|
In 2010, Hess received $68,923 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dick Hess's campaign in 2010|
|Detwiler Iii, Paul I||$5,700|
|Detwiler, Donald L||$4,500|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$4,300|
|Pennsylvania Bankers Association||$3,850|
|Lehman Jr, P Joseph||$1,900|
|Total Raised in 2010||$68,923|
Hess and his wife, Shirley L., have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dick + Hess + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Hess
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Philly.com, "Dick Hess, Pa. state representative," accessed September 9, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 donations," accessed May 2, 2014
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 78
1987–September 6, 2013
| Succeeded by|
Jesse Topper (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |