|Alabama House of Representatives, District 74|
|December 5, 2013 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 3, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Zack Buckner is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Dimitri Polizos is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Polizos won election in the special election for Alabama House of Representatives District 74. The seat was vacant following Jay Love's (R) resignation to work for the Business Council of Alabama. Polizos faced Heather Sellers and Charlotte Meadows in the October 8 Republican primary. Since no candidate gained more than fifty percent of the votes, the top two vote-getters - Meadows and Polizos - met in a runoff on November 19, which Polizos won. As no Democrat filed to run, Polizos was declared the winner.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dimitri + Polizos + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- timesdaily.com, " Special elections set for Ala. House districts," August 8, 2013
- "Official candidate list," accessed October 7, 2013
- montgomeryadvertiser.com, "Polizos, Meadows in runoff for Alabama House District 74 seat," October 9, 2013
- blog.al.com, "Dimitri Polizos defeats Charlotte Meadows in Alabama House District 74 (updated)," November 19, 2013
Jay Love (R)
|Alabama House District 74
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|