|U.S. Senate, Montana|
Adams went to high school and college in Texas. He received his J.D. from Harvard University in 1976. He is currently a rancher and owner of a general store in Montana. While he was growing his ranching operation, he worked as an attorney and a banking executive.
Adams has stated his intent to run as a Democrat, because he is very conservative. He elaborated, "That means, on the social issues, I think the government ought to just leave people alone. Whether it has to do with women’s health, or who you fall in love with or whether you like guns, (the government) ought to just leave us alone. I think Democrats have been better at just leaving people alone, at recognizing their independence."
Adams listed what makes him a good Senate candidate. He said, "To be creative, to know how to ask questions, to be a great negotiator. I have just a ton of experience in that area." He added, "I decided to run because I was disgusted by what was going on in Washington and their inability to get anything done. As a rancher, I know how to get things done, because if you don’t get things done, the animals die."
Adams has also said he wants to focus on job creation and fixing the Affordable Care Act.
|U.S. Senate, Montana Democratic Primary, 2014|
|John Walsh Incumbent||64%||48,665|
|Source: Montana Secretary of State - Official Primary Results|
|Dirk Adams (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$0.00||$143,975.00||$(68,936.40)||$75,038.60|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$75,038.60||$223,520.00||$(220,841.00)||$77,717.60|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dirk + Adams + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NBC Montana, "One-on-one with U.S. Senate candidate Dirk Adams," accessed November 18, 2013
- Missoulian, "Dark horse U.S. Senate candidate Dirk Adams says he has experience to get job done," accessed December 9, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Dirk Adams Summary Report," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Dirk Adams Year-End," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Dirk Adams April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014