|Board member, Birdville Board of Trustees, Place 2|
|Years in position||24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 14, 2011|
|Bachelor's||North Texas State University|
|Master's||North Texas State University|
Webb earned a B.A. in English from North Texas State University in 1967. She later earned a M.Ed. in public school administration from the same school in 1980. Webb worked as a teacher and principal for district schools from 1970 to 1987. She transitioned into a position as an insurance agent with State Farm Insurance. Webb and her husband, Roger, have three adult children.
Webb and fellow incumbent Joe Tolbert sought re-election without opposition prior to the cancellation of the May 10, 2014 general election.
Webb did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the district office.
Webb did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
About the districtHaltom City, a city located in Tarrant County, Texas. According to the United States Census Bureau, Haltom City is home to 43,376 residents. Birdville Independent School District is the 52nd-largest school district in Texas, serving 23,545 students during the 2010-2011 school year.
Haltom City underperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 12.9 percent of Haltom City residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Haltom City was $44,011 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Haltom City was 17.9 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dolores + Webb + Birdville + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Birdville Independent School District, "ELECTION INFORMATION," accessed May 7, 2014
- Birdville Independent School District, "Dolores Webb," accessed February 20, 2014
- Star Telegram, "Birdville looks to cancel May school board elections," March 23, 2011
- United States Census Bureau, "Haltom City, Texas," accessed February 19, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Historical Election Results," accessed February 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Birdville Independent School District Elections|
|Haltom City, Texas|
|Election date:||May 10, 2014|
|Candidates:||Place 1: • Joe Tolbert|
Place 2: • Dolores Webb
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|