Paul has her bachelor's degree from Ohio State University. She is a certified residential appraiser with Ashar Property Appraisals, LLC. She has also been active in numerous volunteer endeavors.
|Rockwood School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Matt Doell Incumbent||25.9%||6,352|
|Nonpartisan||Keith Kinder Incumbent||25.4%||6,232|
|Nonpartisan||Darby Jo Arakelian Incumbent||12.2%||2,986|
|Source: St. Louis County, Missouri, "General Municipal Election Official Results," accessed June 20, 2014|
Paul did not file a campaign finance report with the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Paul was endorsed by the Missouri National Education Association.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Rockwood school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Matt Doell, Keith Kinder and newcomer Dominque Paul defeated incumbent Darby Jo Arakelian and challenger Eileen Tyrrell for the three at-large seats.
About the district
- See also: Rockwood School District, Missouri
St. Louis County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 40.6 percent of St. Louis County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in St. Louis County was $58,910 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in St. Louis County was 10.9 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dominque + Paul + Rockwood + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fundly, "Paul for Rockwood Board," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed April 9, 2014
- Missouri National Education Administration, "Recommendations," accessed April 9, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "St. Louis County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Rockwood School District Elections|
|St. Louis County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Incumbent, Darby Jo Arakelian • Incumbent, Matt Doell • Incumbent, Keith Kinder • Dominque Paul • Eileen Tyrrell|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|