|Minnesota State Senate District 51|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
Betzold graduated from Minnesota in 1972 with his Bachelor's degree in Journalism and later graduated from Minnesota Law with his Juris Doctor degree in 1979. Betzold is a private practice attorney in addition to being a Senator. Betzold also served in the Army Judge Advocate General Reserve corps from 1976 to 2002.
Prior to leaving the senate, Betzold was a member of these committees:
- Judiciary Budget Division
- State Government Budget Division (Chair)
- State and Local Government Operations and Oversight
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 51 (2006)|
|Don Betzold (DFL)||17,802||54.40%|
|Pam Wolf (R)||14,861||45.41%|
In 2006, Betzold collected $58,790 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|51st District DFL||$952|
Betzold represented Minnesota Senate District 51. District 51 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Blaine, Mounds View, and Spring Lake Park.
Don is married to Lessa Betzold. They have one child and reside in Fridley, Minnesota.
- Don Betzold's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Secretary of State Official general election results (dead link)
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Don Betzold
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 51
|Minnesota State Senate District 51
| Succeeded by|
Pam Wolf (R)