For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota State Senate District 51|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
Betzold graduated from Minnesota in 1972 with his Bachelor's degree in Journalism and later graduated from Minnesota Law with his Juris Doctor degree in 1979. Betzold is a private practice attorney in addition to being a Senator. Betzold also served in the Army Judge Advocate General Reserve corps from 1976 to 2002.
Prior to leaving the senate, Betzold was a member of these committees:
- Judiciary Budget Division
- State Government Budget Division (Chair)
- State and Local Government Operations and Oversight
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 51 (2006)|
|Don Betzold (DFL)||17,802||54.40%|
|Pam Wolf (R)||14,861||45.41%|
In 2006, Betzold collected $58,790 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|51st District DFL||$952|
Betzold represented Minnesota Senate District 51. District 51 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Blaine, Mounds View, and Spring Lake Park.
Don is married to Lessa Betzold. They have one child and reside in Fridley, Minnesota.
- Don Betzold's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Secretary of State Official general election results (dead link)
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Don Betzold
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 51
|Minnesota State Senate District 51
| Succeeded by|
Pam Wolf (R)