Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia State Senate District 10|
|2004 - 2010|
|Died in office May 1, 2010|
Caruth earned his BA from Concord College. He went on to receive his J.D. from West Virginia University College of Law
Caruth was a former regional supervisor in Veterans Education and Training for the West Virginia Department of Education. He was also a former executive director for West Virginia Career College. He has also worked as Town Attorney for the Town of Athens. Caruth is a former adjunct professor for Concord College, as well as Bluefield State College.
Caruth served in the West Virginia House of Delegates from 2002 to 2004. Caruth served in the West Virginia Senate from 2004 till his death on May 1, 2010, representing the 10th District. He was the Senate Minority Leader.
Caruth was serving on the following committees when he died:
- Economic Development Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Government Organization Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Interstate Cooperations Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Judiciary Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Rules Committee, West Virginia Senate
Don left behind at the time of his death his wife Laura and their five children.
- Biography from the West Virginia Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002