|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Edina High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Place of birth||St. Paul, Minnesota|
Lee's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||I believe that government has become too big, too complex, too intrusive and too expensive. State government has gone far beyond its proper role, and is taking our liberties from us. Politicians and bureaucrats have taken control of everything from our schools to our medical care.
Our founding fathers created our constitutional republic to protect the God-given rights of the people. Government has no power to grant those rights, and no legitimate authority to take them away.
Government must enforce the law, and must ensure that the law applies equally to all. When law becomes too complex, it ceases to be a level playing field and becomes a tool used by some citizens to gain advantage over others. Government must once again be impartial, regain respect, and stop being a tool of “special interests” by ending its extensive and unnecessary meddling.
The referee must stop playing the game.
Our politics today is often driven by battles over who will get the right to use the power of government to enact its agenda. Every interest group goes first to government rather than its own resources to get what it wants – from sports stadiums to medical care, to better education. We cannot be free citizens ourselves and also demand that government force our neighbors to behave as we want, and pay for what we want. If we are to be free, we must rely on our powers of leadership and persuasion to accomplish what we want, using markets and cooperation rather than taxes and coercion.
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Joe Atkins was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Don Lee was unopposed in the Republican primary. Atkins defeated Lee in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52B General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Joe Atkins Incumbent||64.5%||9,831|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39A (2010)|
|Rick Hansen (DFL)||9,512||58.34%|
|Don Lee (R)||6,777||41.57%|
In 2014, Lee's endorsements included the Minnesota Republican Liberty Caucus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Don + Lee + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 39A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings"
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Don Lee for Minnesota House, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Don Lee for Minnesota House, "Endorsements," accessed October 22, 2014