|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri|
McGuire's website highlights the following campaign themes:
|“||I am running because the incumbent’s votes have demonstrated that she doesn’t value our public schools the same way I do. She has voted on numerous occasions to decrease funding for schools, and she supported the Brownback tax experiment that will starve our schools of the necessary resources for years to come. The results of that experimental tax plan will likely be higher property and sales taxes.||”|
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Don McGuire defeated Arthena Easterwood in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Amanda Grosserode defeated Jameia Haines and Ray Marshall in the Republican primary. Grosserode faces McGuire in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Amanda Grosserode Incumbent||55.3%||1,552|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Don + McGuire + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas House of Representatives
- Kansas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Why I'm Running," accessed June 24, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |