For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 22|
|Quorum Court, Garland County|
|Place of birth||Heber Springs, AR|
|Religion||Assembly of God|
Laymon has served on the Quorum Court of Garland County since 2009.
Laymon's professional experience includes serving as a pastor, owning a family auto repair business and working as Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch.
Laymon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
business & Jobs
- Excerpt: "It is imperative that we work to create an atmosphere in Arkansas that is friendly to entrepreneurs who want to open small businesses and to corporations looking for a place to expand or relocate. Doing this begins by getting unnecessary government regulations OUT OF THE WAY!"
taxes & Government
- Excerpt: "Government is too big and taxes are too high! Donald Laymon will work to reign in government growth and to systematically lower taxes across the board for Arkansans."
bottom Up Education
- Excerpt: "Education should begin in the home - not Washington, D.C. Mr. Laymon is especially concerned because his children are currently in the 6th & 7th grades in the public school system. His experience is that the Common Core system holds back the advanced students and leaves behind those that need help. This is unacceptable for our children."
- Excerpt: "Donald Laymon believes life begins at conception and that abortion violates the rights of children in the womb. He will stand up in favor of the rights of these children at every opportunity."
- Excerpt: "The federal government under the current administration is over-reaching to regulate our Constitutionally protected right to bear arms by any means available. Donald Laymon will stand up to protect our rights."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Mickey Gates defeated Donald Laymon in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Donald + Laymon + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 22
- arcwa.www3.capwiz.com, "Donald Laymon Candidate Profile," accessed March 26, 2014
- donaldlaymon.com, "About," accessed March 26, 2014
- donaldlaymon.com, "Issues," accessed March 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|