was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate
Glisman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I am a firm believer that our country’s strength goes hand in hand with that of our economic mite and dedication to the free market system which has afforded us all of our success."
- Excerpt: "Instead of focusing on providing healthcare, the government should take a stance of lowering the need for care to begin with, by promoting healthy living."
- Excerpt: "Fiscal responsibility is a priority! Here we are sending our soldiers overseas to protect us from terrorists, while is insolvency is eroding our nation from within, threatening our American way of life."
- Excerpt: "We must preserve the principles set forth in our founding document! The progressive movement seems to lean towards the deprivation of our asserted rights, and overreaching the roles of government as it is laid out."
- Excerpt: "This is a serious problem and we cannot just ignore it when our country is in a time of economic turbulence. I support the ideology to come to America with hopes of a better life and future, but there are proper channels that must be adhered to."
- Excerpt: "I see cutting back on our national defense as nothing more than inviting trouble. Those who seek to do our people and nation harm are nothing more than barbaric in their mindset, and scaling back on our defenses will be interpreted as a sign of weakness."
- Excerpt: "It’s our Constitutional right to own them, whether it’s to protect my family or to hunt, and that won’t be interfered with under my watch."
- Excerpt: "I will always continue to support my faith, and protect the unborn."
- See also: United States Senate elections in Ohio, 2012
Glisman ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Ohio. Glisman lost to Josh Mandel in the Republican primary on March 6, 2012.
Glisman is married and has three children.