|Alabama House of Representatives District 87|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Chesteen earned his B.S. and M.S. in Physical Education from Troy University. His professional experience includes working as teacher, football coach and athletic director on the high school level and medical sales representative for Mead Johnson
Chesteen served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness
- Subcommittee on Sporting Issues
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
Chesteen's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work to get projects like Mercedes, Thyssen Krupp and Hyunday, and to get the I-10 Connector built."
- Excerpt: "I will do everything I can to support our principles, our teachers, and our coaches, because we trust them with our most precious commodity."
- Excerpt: "You will never hear my name associated with anything that is not 100% legal, moral and ethical."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Donnie Chesteen is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 87 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Donnie Chesteen (R)||4,277|
|Lamar M. Brooks (R)||2,546|
|Rob Hinson (R)||1,823|
In 2010, Chesteen raised $144,447 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Carr, William H & Debra||$15,000|
|Hammer, George S & Linda||$15,000|
|Carr, William H||$8,000|
|Finch, Britton R||$8,000|
Chesteen and his wife, Stephanie, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Donnie + Chesteen + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Donnie Chesteen's campaign website
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Donnie Chesteen on Facebook
- Donnie Chesteen's campaign website, Issues, accessed December 11, 2013
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama GOP primary results (Archived), accessed December 11, 2013
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 11, 2013
- 2010 contributions, accessed December 11, 2013
|Alabama House District 87
| Succeeded by|