|Alabama House of Representatives District 87|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Chesteen earned his B.S. and M.S. in Physical Education from Troy University. He then worked for Geneva County High School in Hartford from 1977 to 1980 and for Geneva County High School in Geneva from 1981 to 1987. During his years with the high schools, he worked as a teacher, football coach and athletic director. Chesteen professional experience also includes working as a medical sales representative for Mead Johnson from 1988 to 2009. Following his retirement, Chesteen became the assistant football coach for Geneva High School.
Chesteen served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness
- Subcommittee on Sporting Issues
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
Chesteen's website highlighted the following campaign issues: 
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work to get projects like Mercedes, Thyssen Krupp and Hyunday, and to get the I-10 Connector built."
- Excerpt: "I will do everything I can to support our principles, our teachers, and our coaches, because we trust them with our most precious commodity."
- Excerpt: "You will never hear my name associated with anything that is not 100% legal, moral and ethical."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 87 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Donnie Chesteen (R)||4,277|
|Lamar M. Brooks (R)||2,546|
|Rob Hinson (R)||1,823|
In 2010, Chesteen raised $144,447 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Carr, William H & Debra||$15,000|
|Hammer, George S & Linda||$15,000|
|Carr, William H||$8,000|
|Finch, Britton R||$8,000|
Chesteen and his wife, Stephanie, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Donnie + Chesteen + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Chesteen seeks second term looking for jobs, solving budget woes - Dothan First
- Area senior centers to be given Wii games to promote fitness - Dothan Eagle
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Donnie Chesteen's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Donnie Chesteen on Facebook
|Alabama House District 87
| Succeeded by|