Doreen Y. Gallegos
|Doreen Y. Gallegos|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 52|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
|Master's||New Mexico State University|
|Profession||Executive Director, Mesilla Valley CASA|
Gallegos earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees in social work from New Mexico State University. Her professional experience includes being the Executive Director of Mesilla Valley CASA.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Gallegos served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations and Finance|
|• Government, Elections and Indian Affairs|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Gallegos served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Water Resources|
|• Appropriations and Finance|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - B|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Doreen Y. Gallegos was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Gallegos ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 52. She defeated Andrew Moralez in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. She defeated Republican Arlington Brewbaker in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Doreen Y. Gallegos||64.4%||4,720|
|Republican||Arlington E. Brewbaker||35.6%||2,605|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Doreen Y. Gallegos||73.2%||698|
Comprehensive donor information for Gallegos is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gallegos raised a total of $38,542 during that time period. This information was last updated on April 28, 2015.
|Doreen Y. Gallegos's Campaign Contribution History|
|2014||New Mexico State House, District 52||$12,163|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 52||$26,379|
|Grand Total Raised||$38,542|
2014Gallegos won re-election to the New Mexico State House in 2014. During that election cycle, Gallegos raised a total of $12,163.
|New Mexico State House 2014 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Doreen Y. Gallegos's campaign in 2014|
|El Paso Energy||$1,200|
|New Mexico Federation of Teachers||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2014||$12,163|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2012Gallegos won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gallegos raised a total of $26,379.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Doreen Y. Gallegos's campaign in 2012|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 412||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,379|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
Gallegos and her husband Adolfo have one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Doreen + Gallegos + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 12, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014(Archived)
- Follow the Money, "Contributions to Gallegos, Doreen," accessed April 28, 2015
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
- Doreengallegos.com, "About Doreen," accessed September 13, 2012
Joseph Cervantes (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 52
| Succeeded by|