|Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources|
|January 17, 2010 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 17, 2010|
|Appointed by||Governor Bob McDonnell|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Tech (1978)|
|Profession||Natural Resource Management|
Domenech graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in Forestry and Wildlife Management from Virginia Tech in 1978. He began his career in natural resource management as the Acting Director of the Timber Harvesting Management Program at Alabama A&M University, where he gained experience in field research. After a few years in that position, Domenech took a job as the Forest Resources Association's Southwestern Division Forester in Jackson, Mississippi. He eventually rose to the position of Director of Forestry Programs at the Assocation's headquarters in Washington, DC.
Prior to his appointment, Domenech was the Senior Vice President of Artemis Strategies, a bipartisan government relations and strategic communications firm.
- Bachelor's of Science in Forestry and Wildlife Management - Virginia Tech (1978)
Secretary of Natural Resources (2010-present)
Domenech has served as Virginia's commissioner of natural resources since January 17, 2010.
U.S. Department of the Interior (2001-2009)
Domenech was an appointed member of the U.S. Department of the Interior under President George W. Bush. According to his office biography, Domenech served the administration in various capacities between 2001 and 2009, including as Deputy Director of External and Intergovernmental Affairs, White House Liaison, and Deputy Chief of Staff to the Secretary of the Interior, to which he was appointed in 2005.
Domenech was first appointed Virginia’s Secretary of Natural Resources by Gov. Bob McDonnell on January 17, 2010.
In 2005, Domenech was appointed Deputy Chief of Staff to the Secretary of the Interior under the Bush Administration.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Doug + Domenech + Virginia + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Secretary of Natural Resources to keynote Marine Log OEC 2013 - Marine Log
- State oyster harvest at highest level since '87 - Delmarva Now
- Virginia Posts Largest Oyster Harvest Since 1987 - Alexandrianews.org
- Va. oyster harvest best since 1987 - Richmond Times Dispatch
- Grant to sprout edible rain gardens in Richmond - wtvr.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Virginia Department of Natural Resources
- Domenech's biography
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
|Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources
January 17, 2010 - present
| Succeeded by|