is a Republican
member of the Alaska House of Representatives
, representing District 1
. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Isaacson served on the following committees:
Isaacson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: " I have long advocated to elected officials, to groups and in opinion pieces published across the state that the Interior and Rural Alaskan Energy Crisis may be quickly quenched, even BEFORE this winter—without expensive infrastructure, expensive switch-overs, or expensive one-time taxable benefits to residents"
- Excerpt: "My top policy issue is stated in Alaska Constitution Article 8, Section 2 and 12 “The legislature shall provide for the utilization, development, and conservation of all natural resources belonging to the State, including land and waters, for the maximum benefit of its people,” including the issuance of leases"
- Excerpt: "Alaska has one of the highest combined tax rates on oil production on the planet. While the State gives generous credits for exploration, it needs to go further and reduce production taxes in order to spur production competition. "
- Excerpt: "Current spending levels are NOT sustainable. The operating budget needs to be trimmed but an emphasis must be placed on growing the private sector and the diversification of the economy, therefore the capital budget needs to have an emphasis on municipalities, access and energy."
- Excerpt: "Cut spending, reduce burden on the private sector, if we must use the CBR. Revenues go upside down partly because we rely on one source of income and we try to pay everyone’s bills. Alaska Constitution, Article 8, requires the State to encourage the settlement of (all) the land and the Legislature to “provide for the utilization, development” of our resources."
- See also: Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2012
Isaacson won election in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 1. He advanced past the August 28, 2012 Republican primary and defeated Janice Golub (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1, General Election, 2012
|| Janice Golub
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary, 2012
| Paul Brown
| Lynette Bergh
| David Gardner
Comprehensive donor information for Isaacson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Isaacson raised a total of $21,815 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 1, 2013.
Isaacson won election to the Alaska House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Isaacson raised a total of $21,815
|Alaska House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Doug Isaacson's campaign in 2012|
|Alaska Republican Party||$4,000|
|Alaska Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,815|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Doug + Isaacson + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Doug Isaacson News Feed
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- ↑ Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Isaacson, Doug," accessed August 1, 2013
| Political offices
|Alaska House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|