Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 7, 2014|
Republicans Neal Florence, Steve Tarvin and Doug Woodruff faced off in the special election, which took place on January 7. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Tarvin and Florence - met in a runoff on February 4, which Tarvin won.
A special election for the position of Georgia House of Representatives District 2 was called for January 7, with a runoff if necessary on February 4. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 20, 2013.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2, Runoff Election, 2014|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2, Special Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Doug + Woodruff + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed November 21, 2013
- wrcbtv.com, "Northwest Georgia special election results," January 7, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 22, 2014
- Dalton Daily Citizen, "Tarvin wins runoff for state House seat," February 4, 2014 (dead link)
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff election results," accessed March 14, 2014
- daltondailycitizen.com, "Neal appointment means special election coming up," November 2, 2013 (dead link)
- sos.ga.gov, "Secretary of State Kemp Sets Qualifying Dates for the Special Elections in State House District 2 and State House District 22," November 12, 2013
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |