|Maine House of Representatives, District 126|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 16|
|2010 - 2012|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Damon is currently a real estate agent. He is also a 35 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force. In the Air Force, he served as a Weapons Systems Officer and Navigator, achieving the rank of Colonel.
Damon graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in Elementary Education, and from Auburn University where he received his Master's degree in Political Science.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Damon served on the following committees:
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 16 incumbent John Schneck was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Douglas Damon was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Damon ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 16. Damon ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by John Schneck (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Douglas Damon Incumbent||40.7%||1,293|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 16 (2010)|
|Douglas Damon (R)||1,124||50%|
|Steven Butterfield (D)||984||44%|
In 2010, Damon raised $5,156 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $4,656 to his campaign.
Damon and his wife, Cheryl, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Douglas + Damon + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 126
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Steven Butterfield, II (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
John Schneck (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |