|Maine House of Representatives, District 121|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Smith graduated with both his bachelor's and J.D> degrees from the University of Maine. Smith is a retired judge and tree farmer.
Prior to leaving the legislature, Smith served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Robert Duchesne was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Douglas Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Smith did not seek re-election to the 27th District Seat in 2010, although he was eligible to do so. Douglas Thomas ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. Susan Mackey Andrews ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2008
Smith raised $3,228 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 27|
|Douglas Smith (R)||10,172|
|Susan Mackey-Andrews (D)||8,360|
In 2008 Douglas Smith collected $23,308 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Douglas M Smith||$240|
Douglas is married to Cartha Smith. They have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Douglas + Smith + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 121
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Smith's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Douglas Smith
|Maine Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Frederick Wintle (R)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |