Wunneburger earned his bachelor's in economics from the University of Texas at Austin in 1977, his master's of forest science from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1982 and his doctorate from Texas A&M University in 1992. He is a senior lecturer and research scientist at Texas A&M University.
Wunneburger won re-election on November 5, 2013 in an unopposed race.
Wunneburger was not endorsed in this campaign.
Wunneburger reported no contributions or expenditures to the Texas Ethics Commission.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on November 5, 2013. The Districts 1, 3 and 5 seats were filled by two incumbents and one newcomer.
About the district
- See also: Bryan Independent School District, Texas
Brazos County overperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 38.7 percent of Brazos County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Brazos County was $37,638 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Brazos County was 30.0 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Douglas + Wunneburger + Bryan + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- LinkedIn, "Douglas Wunneburger," accessed September 3, 2013
- Texas Ethics Commission Search Campaign Finance Reports, accessed December 26, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Brazos County, Texas," accessed July 31, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed July 31, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Brazos County," accessed December 31, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014