|Alabama House of Representatives District 38|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Albany Junior College, 1998|
|Bachelor's||Faulkner University, 1990|
|Master's||Troy State University, 1992|
|Birthday||June 10, 1946|
|Place of birth||Shawnee, OK|
Bridges is the owner and president of Bridges/Perlis Travel Plaza and Bridges Western Wear and Antiques. He previously served as director of the Inter-Cel Telephone Company, and as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps from 1964-1968.
Bridges served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Regulations
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
Bridges' answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. When asked his top priorities he stated:
"Top priority is to expose how the labor union is controlling the teachers & schools by misleading them in graduation information & skewed political Philosophy. This endeavor would not require additional funding - only the willingness to expose Paul and Joe from the AEA. I believe job training for new & existing industry is important & we should re-direct some monies from the tax breaks we offer to fund them."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 38 General Election (2010)|
|DuWayne Bridges (R)||5,980|
|Huey P. Long (D)||5,748|
Bridges raised $139,715 for his campaign, while Carlton raised $139,827.
|Alabama State House, District 38 (2006)|
|DuWayne Bridges (R)||5,196|
|Mark Carlton (D)||5,045|
In 2010, Bridges raised $185,465 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$29,986|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$26,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$18,861|
|Republicans For The Future||$17,500|
Below are Bridges's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$4,000|
|AL Industry & Manufacturers||$2,000|
|Community Bankers Assoc of AL||$1,500|
|Sound Economy PAC||$1,000|
|AL Rural Electric Assoc||$500|
In 2006, Bridges raised $139,715 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$25,794|
|Harry DuWayne Bridges||$15,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$14,500|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
In 2010, Bridges' endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Bridges and his wife Patricia have two children.
Bridges is a member of the Assembly of God Church, Chattahoochee Valley Hospital Board, Gideon's International, and the Opelika-Auburn Chamber of Commerce.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of October 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term DuWayne + Bridges + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - DuWayne Bridges
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative and voting track record
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bridges Issue Positions
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to DuWayne Bridges
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bridges
|Alabama House District 38
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|