|Former candidate for|
|West Virginia State Senate, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Brigham Young University|
Zobrist earned his MPA in Public Administration from Brigham Young University. He is the CEO of Resort Outfitters.
Zobrist's campaign website highlights the following themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to find more innovative ways to educate the students of West Virginia. Teaching standards need to be more consistent, groups of concerned parents need to be able to create charter schools if an interest exists, schools need to be able to replace non preforming teachers, students need to be held to a higher standard and introduced to the concept pushing themselves beyond that which is easy. Additional, West Virginia students who choose a vocational track should be exposed to programs that help move them towards job placement upon graduation."
- Travel and Tourism
- Excerpt: "Within the borders of the West Virginia 10th Senatorial District, are many of the states gems. The New River Gorge and the related outdoor companies, The Boy Scout’s Summit Bechtel Reserve, The West Virginia State Fair and The Greenbrier are amongst those gems that create jobs and bring revenue to the state.
- As a state, we need to figure out how to better support these West Virginia icons and drive more visitors to these facilities. Visitors to the state increase tax revenue, increase spending in the surrounding communities, increase job creation and increase the public perception of the state."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "I am a small business man, I am a West Virginia job creator. There are 5 key areas that need to be addressed if West Virginia is going to accelerate job creation."
- Judicial and Legal Reform
- General Tax Reform
- Formation of an intermediate appellate court
- Tax Reform and Continued Reduction of the Corporate Net Income Tax
- Infrastructure Development
Elections for the office of West Virginia State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Incumbent Ronald F. Miller was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Duane Zobrist was unopposed in the Republican primary. Miller defeated Zobrist in the general election.
|West Virginia State Senate District 10, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Ronald R. Miller Incumbent||53.8%||13,776|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Duane + Zobrist + West Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Senate elections, 2014
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia State Senate District 10
- Official campaign website
- Duane Zobrist on Twitter
- Duane Zobrist on LinkedIn
- Official candidate list
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed February 7, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 13, 2014
- Zobrist for Senate, "Issues," accessed March 13, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
- Zobrist for Senate, "About Duane," accessed March 13, 2014
- Mountain Messenger, "Duane Zobrist Files State Senate," December 24, 2013