Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Oregon House of Representatives District 14|
|Profession||Farmer, Junction City Mayor|
Coon ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 14. Coon was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Val Hoyle (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Val Hoyle Incumbent||54.4%||14,413|
Coon's state voter guide profile lists two main issues:
- Supporting our Families and Businesses: "When a local business talked of moving out of central Eugene, Dwight went right to work relocating the business to Junction City/West Eugene. Not only did he save 250 local family-wage jobs, Dwight’s work provided the business a location to grow and create more family-wage jobs. As your state representative Dwight will put families first!"
- Getting a grip on State Spending: "Elected in Junction City 10 years ago, Dwight fought hard to successfully balance the budget and get a grip on spending by applying common-sense practices of setting priorities and funding basic government services first. As your State Representative, Dwight will bring common-sense back to state government!"
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dwight + Coon + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile