Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine House of Representatives, District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Master's||Ohio State University|
Ely's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
I will work to restore the cuts the State has made to education funding and revenue sharing with the town, and not continue to balance the state budget on the backs of local property taxpayers. This will give relief to property taxpayers and help us ensure our schools have the funds they need to meet our student's needs.
I will work to address the risks and problems to homeowners and the town’s infrastructure from climate change, not deny that climate change is happening. We are a coastal community. People depend on our natural resources as a source of income, as well as pleasure. We should be taking the lead on this issue.
I will work to encourage job growth in Maine by promoting our greatest asset, our quality of life, not by trying to bribe out of state corporations with more tax breaks. The business owners I worked with came to Maine and stayed in Maine because this was where they wanted to raise their family. We need to market to our strength. 
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Dwight Ely was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 128 incumbent Heather Sirocki was unopposed in the Republican primary. Sirocki defeated Ely in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 28, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Heather Sirocki Incumbent||54%||2,503|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dwight + Ely + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives
- Maine House of Representatives District 28
- Maine House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Dwight Ely, homepage, accessed October 6, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |