|North Dakota House of Representatives District 24|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Valley City High School|
|Place of birth||Valley City, ND|
Kiefert received a diploma from Valley City High School. His professional experience includes working as a farmer, contractor and owner of Kiefert Construction.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kiefert served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
Kiefert ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 24. Kiefert and Myrene Peterson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. Kiefert and Naomi T. Muscha defeated Sharon E. Buhr and Myrene Peterson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Kiefert is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Kiefert raised a total of $5,751 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Dwight Kiefert's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State House, District 24||$2,300|
|2008||North Dakota State House, District 24||$3,451|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,751|
2012Kiefert won election to the North Dakota State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Kiefert raised a total of $2,300.
|North Dakota State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dwight Kiefert's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Caucus of North Dakota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,300|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Kiefert lost the election for the North Dakota State House in 2011. During that election cycle, Kiefert raised a total of $3,451.
|North Dakota State House 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dwight Kiefert's campaign in 2011|
|North Dakota Republican House Caucus||$1,500|
|John Deere & Co.||$500|
|North Dakota Farm Bureau||$201|
|Total Raised in 2011||$3,451|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Kiefert and his wife, Robbin, have three children and five grandchildren. They currently reside in Valley City, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dwight + Kiefert + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Dwight Kiefert," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kiefert, Dwight," accessed May 29, 2013
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |