|Utah House of Representatives District 43|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tanner served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Tanner's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Government still needs to be restrained. The Legislature sets the limits on taxes, fees, ordinances, and regulations."
- Excerpt: "The unprincipled still prey on the vulnerable. Elderly, low income, students, and investors, we all need sensible, conservative laws and enforcement."
- Excerpt: "Good jobs are still the highest priority. Government should help reputable businesses find success, not make it harder."
- Excerpt: "Education still needs funding and new ideas. Our children and grandchildren are our future."
- Excerpt: "Health, housing, and recreation are still works in progress."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Diane Lewis was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Earl Tanner was unopposed in the Republican convention. Lewis will face Tanner in the general election.
Tanner won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 43. Tanner defeated Peggy Jo Kennett and Ben Watson in the Republican convention and defeated Jeff Bell (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Tanner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Tanner raised a total of $14,876 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Earl Tanner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 43||$14,876|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,876|
2012Tanner won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Tanner raised a total of $14,876.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Earl Tanner's campaign in 2012|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$4,000|
|Salt Lake County Republican Party||$1,200|
|Tanner, David & Stephanie||$1,000|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,876|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Earl Tanner received an index rating of 45%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Earl + Tanner + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 43
- Rep. Tanner's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- tannerforhouse, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Tanner, Earl," accessed June 15, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014