|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 67|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Jackson State University|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
|Date of birth||June 25, 1954|
Banks earned a B.S. in accounting from Jackson State University in 1977, and a J.D. from the Mississippi College School of Law in 1981. His professional experience includes working as an attorney, funeral director and insurance executive.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Banks served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Enrolled Bills, Chair|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Public Property|
|• Public Utilities|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Banks served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Juvenile Justice, Chair|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Select Cmte on Utility Cost Recovery|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
- See also: Mississippi judicial elections, 2012
On November 8, 2011, Banks won re-election to District 67 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Banks was re-elected in District 67, running unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 67 (2007)|
|Earle Banks (D)||3,862||100.00%|
In 2011, Banks received $5,200 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Earle Banks's campaign in 2011|
|Isle Of Capri Casino||$500|
|W B Consolidated||$300|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,200|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,913|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.06|
In 2007, Banks collected $2,350 in donations.
Listed below are the largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Healthcare Association||$500|
|Electric Power Associates of Mississippi||$400|
|Mississippi Cable Telecommunications Association||$250|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Banks has been a member of 100 Black Men, the Elks, Jackson State University Foundation, Leadership Jackson, Magnolia Bar Association, Mason, Mississippi Bar Associations, Mississippi Funeral Directors and Morticians Association, National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association, Red Cross Board and the Young Men's Christian Association Board.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Earle + Banks + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart, "Earle Banks' Biography," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- The Mississippi Press, "Newcomer Josiah Coleman wins seat on Mississippi Supreme Court," November 7, 2012
- Clarion Ledger, "State rep files to run against Miss. chief justice," May 11, 2012
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Certified election results," accessed December 28, 2012
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Banks, Earle S," accessed March 24, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 67
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |