For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York|
Schecter serves as vice chairman of the Cabarrus County Democratic Party.
Schecter earned his B.A. in Labor Studies from the State University of New York. His professional experience includes working as a state probation and parole officer in Florida, as an investigator for the office of probation in New York City and as a staff member to the president of the New York City Council.
- Excerpt: "I feel compelled to run for the North Carolina State Assembly because I sincerely believe that we, in Cabarrus County, deserve representation in Raleigh that can be characterized as effective and proactive, while striving to help all citizens of the 82nd District."
- Excerpt: "Schecter said he believes education to be the most pressing issue in North Carolina with teacher pay ranked among the lowest in the nation. He said he wants to work to make education a priority again if elected, adding that good schools attract new businesses and industry to create."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Larry G. Pittman defeated Leigh Thomas Brown in the Republican primary, while Earle Schecter was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Schecter was defeated by Pittman in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Larry Pittman Incumbent||59.5%||13,818|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Larry G. Pittman Incumbent||62.2%||3,082|
|Leigh Thomas Brown||37.8%||1,871|
Schecter and his wife, have two daughters and six grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Earle + Schecter + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 82
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.independenttribune.com, "Democrat to challenge Pittman for 82nd District seat," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |