Earlville School District Levy Increase (April 2011)
This measure was approved in DeKalb County though overall was defeated.
- YES 10 (53.33%)
- NO 8 (46.67%)
This measure was defeated in LaSalle County
- YES 371 (49.2%)
- NO 383 (50.8%)
This measure sought to increase the local property tax rate by $1.40 per $100 of assessed property value. The money would have been used to ensure school services and programs continue to be offered. The school board had held a meeting before the election for residents where it was outlined what the money would be used for and how the district has been trying to cut back on current costs.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall the maximum rate for the education fund of Earlville Community Unit School District No. 9, LaSalle, DeKalb, and Lee Counties, Illinois, be increased to 4.0% of the full, fair cash value of all taxable property of said District as equalized or assessed by the Department of Revenue of Illinois for such purposes instead of 2.6%, the maximum rate otherwise applicable to the next taxes to be extended?|
- DeKalb County Elections, April Election Results (dead link)
- LaSalle County Elections, April Election Results
- The news Tribune, "Earlville school board to ask voters for permanent tax increase," January 18, 2011 (dead link)
- Lee County Elections, April Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |