Early and absentee voting begins in Tennesee
NASHVILLE, Tennessee: Early and absentee voting began today in Tennessee for the state's March 6 presidential preference primary election. In Tennessee, any registered voter may choose to vote early at their county election commission office or at a satellite voting location opened by their commission. Prospective absentee voters, however, must meet certain eligibility conditions.
This is the first statewide election since Tennessee's new voter ID law took effect. The primary for congressional and legislative candidates will be held on August 8. Early voting in that primary will begin on July 13. The August 8 primary will be the first statewide election to take place under the new redistricting maps. For more information on who is running, how to vote, and where to vote, see the resources linked below.
|Propositions •||Recall||• Law|
- Statewide elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Tennessee, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Tennessee, 2012
- Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, Elections Information
- Tennessee Secretary of State, Early Voting Information
- Tennessee Secretary of State, Absentee Voting Information
- Tennessee Secretary of State, Voter Identification Requirements
- Tennessee Secretary of State, Find Your Polling Location and Voter Registration
- Tennessee Secretary of State, 2012 Election Calendar