Economic Development, Government Operations and Housing Committee, Hawaii State Senate
|Hawaii State Senate|
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Hawaii State Senate are assigned by the President of the Senate. Committees are assigned at the start of each term. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The purview of this committee includes those programs relating to economic development, including but not limited to authorities and corporations administratively attached to the Department of
Business, Economic Development and Tourism not specifically identified herein; other emerging industries development; financial and technical assistance to business; urban renewal; community development; housing development; film and digital media production; astronomy, biochemistry, biomedicine, biotechnology, and other scientific research and development activities; and recreation, including commercial ocean recreation activities, sports and athletics, and the Aloha Stadium; and state government operations policy, including government efficiency; procurement, and state facilities not specifically identified herein.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Economic Development, Government Operations and Housing Committee Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (1)|
|• Donovan Dela Cruz, Chair||• Samuel Slom, Vice Chair|
|• Rosalyn Baker|
|• Suzanne Chun Oakland|
|• Jamie Kalani English|
|• Laura Thielen|
|• Glenn Wakai|
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 3-7)
- Information submitted by Carol Taniguchi via email to a Ballotpedia staffer on January 28, 2014.
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 22-1)
- Hawaii State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 17, 2014(Section 21-3)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.