|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Colliver served in the U.S. Air Force after graduating from high school. He then worked for a number of companies as a system administrator and system engineer. He and his wife currently operate a home business.
Colliver's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Veterans Issues
- Excerpt: "This is one area that is very dear to my heart. Being a grandson of a WWII vet and a veteran myself puts more pressure on me to stand up for my fellow veterans. We have watched our government disrespect our fallen brothers and sisters coming home for the last time from wars. We have watched it place barriers around monuments built to honor the ones that have been paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. This must stop and NEVER happen again."
- Excerpt: "Our education system is a local issue and should be address by local government without the federal government involvement. Building a one size fits all program does not work for all communities."
- Excerpt: " The federal government should not be in the business of picking the winners or losers in business. If a company has a good product they will succeed because the people will see value."
- Excerpt: "For too long our government has not been serious about fixing the issues. We hear all the time about waste but no one seems to care to address the issues during budget of CR debates."
Colliver ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 12th District. Colliver won the Libertarian Party nomination at the state convention in April 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Kay Granger (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 12 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kay Granger Incumbent||71.3%||113,186|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
Colliver is married and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ed + Colliver + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 12th Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Federal Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |