|Nevada State Assembly District 36|
|2007 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||Calvin College (1984)|
|Date of birth||1962|
|Profession||Commodities Procurement and Alternative Energy Programs Manager|
Goedhart earned his B.S. in Accounting and Business from Calvin College in 1984. His professional experience includes working as a commodities procurement and alternative energy programs manager and former general manager for Ponderosa Dairies.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Goedhart served on these committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Government Affairs
- Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Taxation Committee, Nevada Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Goedhart served on these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010, Goedhart won election to the Nevada House of Representatives, defeating Ron Hibble (D) and David Vanderbeek (Independent American). He did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 36 General election (2010)|
|Edwin Goedhart (R)||11,488|
|Ron Hibble (D)||6,404|
|David Vanderbeek (I)||1,913|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2008
Goedhart raised $88,414 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 36 (2008)|
|Edwin Goedhart (R)||14,757||64.91%|
In 2010, a year in which Goedhart was up for re-election, he collected $43,850 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Goedhart's 2010 campaign.
|Creekside Investments LLC||$2,500|
|Solar Millennium LLC||$2,500|
|Nevada Mining Association||$2,500|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Edwin Goedhart's 2008 campaign.
|Solar Millenium LLC||$5,000|
|Pacific Recycling Solutions Inc.||$5,000|
|Li Chu Chang Mok||$3,000|
Goedhart and his wife, Renae, have two children.
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Edwin + Goedhart + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Edwin Goedhart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Edwin Goedhart," accessed November 21, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2010 Official Statewide General Election Results," accessed November 21, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Edwin Goedhart," accessed November 21, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions to Edwin Goedhart," accessed November 21, 2014
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Assembly District 36
| Succeeded by|
James Oscarson (R)